vision for school #savmp
Keep feet grounded – the inner voice advises – it’s best to start with what you know and where you are at…
This is where I work/ learn, and it’s my launch-pad for visioneering school.
Thought there might be some overlap… Why does the academic approach dislocate?
Style of language? Audience? Topic for another post. Channel your innovator; fan those first tentative sparks. Dismiss nothing, yet.
Philosophy of education 101:
- It’s all about co-constructed learning;
- when in doubt, re-focus on the learning;
- interplay of creation processes is crucial, so forge bridges between learning and teaching with formative assessment;
- Thus, it follows, knowing our students is essential to evolve school in a dynamic of continual learning.
There’s school, and then there’s vision…
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go ~ T.S. Eliot.
Might seem like a homily-overblown-motherhood-apple-pie statement; according to our lecturer, Dr Robyn White, if that’s the case, we’re on the right track towards galvanising others through vision.
What would that envisioned school look like?
- listening – sharing – collaborative
- hubbub/ hub
An elegant infographic form of these words-on-screen is here courtesy of Mia MacMeekin.
I like the notion that school/ learning is a practice in perpetual beta shared by David Truss here.